The Fine Print
“Website” means the website which is operated under the www.avanticoffee.co.za domain name or any such other website(s) as the Company may from time to time use for any of its services.
In particular your attention is drawn to the sections on our “Disclaimers” and “Liability” below.
This Website is operated by the Company. Our registered office is Unit C2, Deco Park, Phase 2, Newmarket Street, Northriding, Johannesburg.
For all customer service enquiries, our email address is email@example.com
This Website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. It is protected by intellectual property laws including, but not limited to, copyright.
Any trademarks that may be reproduced in this Website and which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged as such on the Website.
You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with accessing the Website. Any fraudulent, abusive, unlawful or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for restriction or termination of your access to the Website, as set out in more detail below. You may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain personal information from any Website user.
You may view, use, download and store the material on this Website for personal non-commercial use (including non-commercial research use) only provided that:
- there is no disruption or interference with the Website, or any services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through this Website or linked websites (including that no action is taken that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website);
- no materials are modified in any way;
- no graphics are used separately from accompanying text;
- our copyright and trade mark notices appear in all copies and you acknowledge this Website as the source of the material;
- there is no disruption or interference with any other user’s enjoyment of this Website or linked websites;
- no robot, spider, other automatic device is used to monitor, copy or extract any information on the Website, without our prior written permission;
- there is no reverse engineering, reverse assembling or otherwise attempting to discover source code or other arithmetical formula in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with the Website;
- the Website is not used to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including material that are deemed threatening or obscene;
- there are no attempts to obtain unauthorised access to this Website or parts of this Website that are not opened to public access or are clearly not intended to be accessible to the public;
- there are no attempts to post or transmit to or via this Website any defamatory, derogatory or offensive material or publication(s).
You must not engage in any kind of illegal, criminal or tortious activity through the use of the Website, including infringement of any third party intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, trade marks, patent, trade secrets and confidential information), fraud, child pornography, trafficking in obscene material, violation of applicable export restrictions, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, hacking, sending of viruses or other harmful files, unlawful, or illegal posting of computer passwords or computer code.
We would ask that users of the Website report any efforts or concerns they have that such activity may be taking place to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The re-distribution, re-publication, or otherwise making available of the material on this Website to third parties without our prior written consent is prohibited. Commercial use is not permitted.
You must not use our Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger or other harmful computer software.
If we issue you with a password that permits you to access certain parts of this Website, you are solely responsible for any use of the Website through such access, whether authorised or not.
You must comply with all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations that relate to your use of or activities on this Website. We reserve the right to report potentially criminal activity to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
You acknowledge and accept sole responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content of all material posted on this Website by you, your agents or employees.
Copyright and submitted material
All materials and information on this Website including without limitation any logo, design, text, graphic and their arrangement (“Content”) are licensed to or owned by the Company (or members of the Company’s group). Unless we indicate otherwise you must not copy, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit the Content in any form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical or otherwise without our prior permission or the written permission of the copyright owner.
You acknowledge and agree that if you contribute Content to the Website, such Content will become our property and you hereby assign all rights, title and interests in and to such contributions to us.
Any comments or materials sent to us through the Website including feedback data, questions, comments and suggestions (collectively “Feedback”), will be deemed to be non-confidential. We have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Feedback and will be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works and distribute the Feedback to others without limitation. Further, we will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services incorporating such Feedback. We reserve the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to the Website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing the Website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing the Website;
- contact your internet services provider and request that they block your access to the Website;
- bring court proceedings against you for breach of contract or otherwise; and
- suspend and/or delete your account with the Website (if applicable).
From time to time we may provide links on this Website to the websites of third parties. However, you acknowledge and agree that we have no control over and do not monitor these third party websites.
You may not create a link to this Website from another Website or document without our prior written consent, and any such link shall only be to the front page of our Website.
Warranties and disclaimers
The Content and this Website are provided “as is” and “as available”. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
We do not warrant that this Website or the server that operates it is free from viruses or other corrupted materials or occasional outages or disruption to service which prevent you from accessing this Website or that use of this Website will be compatible with the hardware and software you are using to access it. You assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction.
We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Content or this Website in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
The information in this Website is given in good faith and for general information and interest only. We reserve the right to make any change to this Website without notice. The information in this Website should not be relied on and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation or an offer or inducement to enter into a legally binding contract.
Whilst we use reasonable efforts to include accurate information in the Website, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of any information given and all such warranties (whether implied or otherwise) are excluded to the extent permitted by law. We exclude all liability for any errors or omissions in the content of the Website to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We advise that you take appropriate steps to verify any information upon which you wish to rely. The details on this Website are posted in good faith and are believed to correct at that time. These may be updated or adjusted in the future.
Your use of this Website including all of its content, data or software distributed by, downloaded or accessed from or through this Website is at your own risk. Before taking or refraining from any action in reliance on the information contained on this Website, you must make and rely on your own enquiries in relation to, and in evaluation of, the content including any information, predictions, opinions and statements contained in this Website.
While we try to ensure that this Website is functioning correctly, this may not always be achievable. We do not guarantee that this Website will be available all the time or at any specific time (e.g. if our computer systems used to provide the Website are under repair or maintenance or are otherwise unavailable). We are also unable to guarantee that this Website will be compatible with all or any hardware and software which you may use.
We take steps to try to ensure that this Website is free from computer viruses and other harmful computer programs. However, we cannot guarantee this due to the nature of the Internet. You are advised to use appropriate firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer and data.
Other important information to be aware of
A reference to ” R ” or “rands” throughout this Website is a reference to South African currency, unless stated otherwise.
- Your right to privacy while using our website is very important to us, Avanti Coffees Proprietary Limited, hereafter referred to as “Avanti”.
- We respect your right to control how much information you provide to us and, save as specifically contemplated herein, we collect only information which enables us to ensure that your experience when using our services remains interactive and easy to use, such as your Internet Protocol address and Browser Information.
- Any other information that you provide us with, is subject to your consent and your knowledge. Save as specifically contemplated herein, Avanti will never share any information you provide to us (name, telephone number, email address, etc.) with any other company or organisation that is not an Avanti business partner or affiliate, except if it is required to do so by law. The information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to support your continued customer relationship with Avanti.
- These are the guidelines we use for protecting any information you provide to us during your use of the Website and our services:
- In general, people can visit Avanti’s website and access information while remaining anonymous and without revealing any personal information. When you enter our website, we can determine your domain name and what browser and operating system you are using, but we cannot determine any personal information about you. Avanti uses this information only to ascertain technical implementation to ensure you get the best possible experience for the browser you are using.
- When using our website, you may wish to provide some information about yourself by completing an online form. For example, situations where we will ask you to complete an online form include:
a. If you would like Avanti to contact you click here;
b. Where you enter any competition, which may be run by Avanti from time to time (if any).
- Avanti may ask additional questions to ensure that our website and content we provide is in line with your needs. Each online form will clearly specify which information is required and which is optional by way of asterisks (*).
- You understand and hereby agree that the information we require is necessary to enable Avanti to contact you with regards to the use of our services or your participation in any Avanti competition in which you have entered, as well as to carry out marketing and advertising to yourself, including for example, by sending you Avanti newsletters and/or emails. You may at any stage opt-out from receiving future marketing and advertising information from Avanti. You further understand and hereby agree that we may provide certain third party service providers and suppliers with the information contemplated in paragraph 5b for the purposes of sending you marketing and advertising information in relation to Avanti’s services. You may at any stage opt-out from receiving future promotional information from any such third party, and Avanti shall, to the extent required by yourself, assist you therewith. Avanti undertakes that any personal information provided by yourself will be held securely and in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws, and Avanti shall ensure that any third party to whom Avanti provides such personal information as contemplated herein shall abide by the provisions of this paragraph.
- Avanti may however compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual and owns all rights to information of a statistical nature compiled by Avanti.
- Avanti retains the right to periodically update this policy. Notice of any revisions will be posted to this page.
- Thank you for your interest in Avanti. We hope your visit to our website is pleasant and productive.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, if you agree to their use, is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device. They contain information that is transferred to your hard drive.
The cookies that we could use can be split into the following categories:
- Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and to see how they move around within the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
2. THE COOKIES WE USE
We use the following cookies:
|Necessary Cookies||cookiesAccepted||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||PHPSESSID||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||GA||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Analytical cookies||‘_ga’, ‘_gat_gtag_UA-63109903-4’, ‘_gid’||Analytical cookies for us to better craft the user experience based on your page view experiences.|
3. HOW YOU CAN BLOCK COOKIES
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, please be aware that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use the website. In particular, you may not be able to access all or parts of the website or use the functionalities contained on it.